Seamless Steel Pipe
1.Definition of seamless steel pipe
Seamless pipe is a kind of hollow section without joint around the strip of steel.
2.Seamless steel pipe manufacturing process
Steel Round Bar—Pickling Grinding—Cutting—Heating—Hot Piercing—Punching—Shell Storage—Pickling&Lubrication—Cold-Rolling—Cold-Drawing—Heat Treatment—Physical&Chemical Testing—Straightening—Trim—Size&Surface Inspection—Eddy Current Testing—Hydraulic Testing—Supersonic Testing—Get Oiled—Packing—Warehouse
3.Advantages of seamless steel pipe
1, seamless steel pipe is light, its weight is only 1/5 square steel;
2, seamless steel pipe has corrosion resistance, acid, alkali, salt and atmospheric environment corrosion, high temperature resistance, with good impact resistance and fatigue resistance It doesn’t need maintenance regularly , It can be used more than 15 years;
3, seamless steel pipe tensile strength is more 8-10 times than ordinary steel, elastic modulus is better than steel, with excellent creep resistance, corrosion resistance and shock resistance;
4, seamless steel pipe has excellent mechanical performance and machined easily , etc.
5, seamless steel pipe has highly elastic, reused in mechanical equipment, memoryless, non-deformation, and antistatic.
4.Seamless pipe applications
It used for fluid conveying pipe, boiler plant, engineering, machinery processing plant.
|Stainless steel pipe||0Cr18Ni9<304>|
|High pressure boiler tube||20G|
|High pressure fertilizer pipe||10|
|Petroleum cracking steel pipe||10|
|Low pressure pipe||10#|
|Fluid transportation pipe||10#、20#ASTM A106A,B,C、A53A,B|
|Structure pipe||10#、20#、45#、27SiMn ASTM A53A,B|
|Casing||J55、K55、N80、L80C90、C95、P110||API SPEC 5CT|
|Seamless pipe line||A、B、X42、X46、X52、X56、X60、X65、X70、X80L245、L290、L360、L415、L450||API SPEC 5L|
6.The difference between seamless pipe and welded pipe
- The raw materials are different
Seamless steel pipe material has ordinary and high quality carbon structural steel (Q215-A ~ Q275-A and 10 ~ 50 steel), low alloy steel (09MnV, 16Mn, etc.), alloy steel, stainless acid-resistant steel, etc.;
The welded pipe is made of steel plate or strip after crimping and welding.
2.Usages are different
Seamless steel pipe is mainly used for petroleum geology drilling pipe, petrochemical cracking pipe, boiler tube, bearing tube and automotive, tractor, aviation high precision structure steel pipe;
Welded pipe is widely used in water engineering, petrochemical industry, chemical industry, electric power industry, agricultural irrigation, urban construction.
Welding pipe is for liquid transport: water supply, drainage. For gas transmission: gas, steam, liquefied petroleum gas; For structure，pile pipe, bridge， wharves, roads, building structures, etc.
7.Seamless pipe standard
1. Seamless steel pipe for structure (GBT8162-2008). Mainly used in general structure and mechanical structure. Its representative material (grade): carbon steel, 20, 45 steel; Alloy steel Q345, 20Cr, 40Cr, 20CrMo, 30-35CrMo, 42CrMo, etc.
2. Seamless steel pipe for conveying fluid (GBT8163-2008).
3. Seamless steel tube for low and medium pressure boiler (GB3087-2008)
4. Seamless steel tube for high pressure boiler (GB5310-2008)
5. Seamless steel pipe for high pressure fertilizer equipment (GB6479-2000)
6. Seamless steel pipe for petroleum cracking (GB9948-2006).
7. Steel pipe for geological drilling (YB235-70)
8. Seamless steel pipe for diamond core drilling (GB3423-82)
9. Oil drilling pipe (YB528-65)
10. Marine carbon steel and carbon manganese steel seamless steel pipes (GB/T 5312-2009)
11. Seamless steel pipe (GB3088-82) for automobile half shaft sleeve pipe
12. High pressure tubing for diesel engine (GB3093-86)
13. Seamless steel tubes with precision inner diameter for hydraulic and pneumatic cylinders (GB8713-88)
14. Cold-drawn or cold-rolled precision seamless steel pipe (GB3639-83)
1 5. Stainless steel seamless steel pipe for structure (GB/T14975-2002)
16. Seamless stainless steel pipe for fluid transport (GB/T14976-2002)
17. Seamless steel pipe for gas cylinders (GB18248-2000).
Gb3093-1986 (high-pressure seamless steel pipe for diesel engine),
GB/T3639-1983(cold drawn or cold rolled precision seamless steel pipe),
GB/T3094-1986(cold-drawn seamless steel tube, special-shaped steel tube),
GB/T8713-1988(Precision inner diameter seamless steel tubes for hydraulic and pneumatic tubes)
Gb13296-1991 (stainless steel seamless steel tubes for boilers and heat exchangers)
GB/T14975-2002(stainless steel seamless steel pipe for structure),
GB/T14976-2002(seamless stainless steel pipe for fluid transport),
GB/T5035-1993(seamless steel pipe for automobile half axle sleeve),
API SPEC5CT-1999(Casing and Tubing Specification), etc.